Listen to "Stepping Off", Read by Doug Bradley.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Power of Hollywood

For a while now I’ve been wondering how Spyglass Entertainment managed to pull off such a coup. I know the Hollywood Machine is powerful, but 40 days of rain to coincide with the release of ‘Evan Almighty’? Surely that’s even beyond the influence of Universal!

Is it the Almighty himself with a vested interest? Or perhaps Mother Nature?

Maybe the blame lies with my Chiropractor’s friend, whose child was born 40 days ago and named Noah? I hope not, but there’s a great story lurking in there somewhere.

While scanning IMDB I noticed the movie credits included - “Executive Producer, Tom Hanks.” Could it be? Nah. Not after ‘The DaVinci Code’.

Then I saw it, hidden away at the bottom of the page, the film credits Jon Stewart with ‘Special Thanks’.

I just knew it!

Bill O’Reilly is in SERIOUS trouble!


*****************************

Today I plan to start fleshing out chapter 30 of Mirror Man. I’m still not sure if I prefer that title to the original, “Identity Thief”, but I think that dilemma has to be secondary to getting the story finished.

Mrs. D has me digging a hole to plant her new Dwarf Date Palm at the weekend and Chelsea are on the T.V. Saturday playing a (probably) Beckham-less LA Galaxy, so I don’t see much writing in between the beers that those two activities will demand.

So, back to it then. Write On!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to find another writer..I am only a poet..via Michele!

Bernie said...

Hey there,
I wonder if Universal did put in a special order??? lol

Oh, make sure that the hole for the date palm is either slightly raised or quite a it larger than the pot it is coming out of, around double will do... You will find it will 'take' much better!!

Here from Michele's this Friday evening from Sydney!

An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life said...

personally, I think the title mirror man wins it for...if both titles were on a book shelf, it would be mirror man I'd pick up.

xxxxxxxxxx

Mike Davis said...

Only a poet? If ONLY.

Sydney - noted with thanks, even though I'm famous for getting bored half way through digging any hole and then just forcing the roots in! I will do better this time, I swear!

Thanks *Kylie*! The balance is definitely swinging towards "Mirror Man".

Michael K. Althouse said...

I rarely ever title anything until it's done and then it's usually obvious, but then again, fiction is not my bag. Of course, professionally, I never write my own headlines.

Michele sent me,

Mike

Shannon akaMonty said...

I like the name "Mirror Man" better than "Identity Theif"...not that my opininon matters. :) I'm just saying.

I wonder if The Big Guy was showing is approval of the Evan Almighty movie...

But you know, some say that the government DOES actually control the weather patterns--hence the whole global warning debacle...it's The ILLUMINATI.

*teehee*